Before our class session, please watch the video below for an overview of the subject matter we will be discussing, and familiarize yourself with the background materials linked below.
This week, we will learn a domain-neutral framework for planning out our goals.
- Use the full Murphyjitsu exercise on your top 3 priority features.
- Use the SMART goals exercise from Murphyjitsu on all your features.
- Try to keep discussions on topic.
- When leading a discussion, tap individuals to speak rather than waiting for someone to jump in first.
- Over the course of the session, try to vary who speaks first.
- If you did the optional 30 minutes of research, share your findings with the class.
- Discuss with your Cohort how you used Murphyjitsu, and any modifications you would make to the process in hindsight.
- Do 30 minutes of research on problem solving/goal setting, try using something you discover, and share results with the class.
- If you struggle with finding time to implement a strategy for acquiring a feature, try building a schedule for yourself, adding a new item to it every day to slowly ramp up how much you’re doing (submitted by Guild member Octavia).
- My short podcast episode on Goal Factoring
- Article on Goal Factoring
- My favorite habit tracking system for measuring progress towards a goal
- A video about procrastination